Monday, May 9, 2011

Chris Rock Interviewed on The Treatment


The guest I chose was Chris Rock. The roles he plays in the film industry are that he is a comedian/actor. He has worked on I Think I Love My Wife, The Chris Rock Show, In Living Color, Everybody Hates Chris, and Saturday Night Live. The interview aired on Wed. Oct. 21, 2009.
 
During the interview I learned that during the time of the interview, Chris Rock was making a documentary called "Good Hair." It was based on not just African-American females, but also African-American males. Also he was talking about how he was going to work on another project with Bernie Mac but that didn't happen because Bernie was sick. I remember Chris Rock coming out on The Bernie Mac show one time and I would've thought they would've continued working together after Bernie got over his sickness.
 
The first quote I chose was, "Black culture is mainstream." I thought this quote was pretty interesting because it pretty much true. Everyone everywhere in the U.S. has embraced the black culture somehow. A lot of people like hip hop and the BET channel and stuff like that. They basically brought the "cool" out in people.
 
The second quote I chose was, "Most of the time everyone tells you not to do something and they're right. This time I was right." I liked this quote because I can somewhat relate to it a lot. Except that when I think I'm right, I'm pretty much more often than not always right. I'm sure other people can relate also because that's the way life is. I really like this quote a lot.
 
The third quote i chose was, "You have to have a game plan going." I liked this quote also because in this case, he was talking about writing a document to get money in order to get his film going. You can use this in everyday life though. In order to get through life successfully you have to have a game plan and know what you're going to do in life. If you don't have one then you're probably going to be lost in life and not really get that far.

I really like Chris Rock and all the quotes I chose. They were really meaningful and I can relate to them in my daily life. I think he brings a fun, fulfilling atmosphere to the filming world. He's really funny while narrating in his show "Everybody Hates Chris" because he talks about things that happened to him when he was a little kid. Overall, I think he's a wonderful comedian/actor because he talks about true life experiences people can relate to.

No comments:

Post a Comment